MEMS Probe Card
MicroProbe’s application specific probing solutions provide customers with a customizable approach to address the unique challenges of testing different semiconductor devices. MicroProbe’s Mx and Vx product platforms, built with a proprietary modular architecture and a variety of probe shapes and materials, provide the ultimate probing flexibility for leading-edge logic and system-on-chip devices.
The Mx-FinePitch probe card supports fine pitch, wire bond wafer testing for logic and SoC devices. Its unique architecture enables maximum pad layout flexibility for SoC feature integration, which is ideal for rapidly changing, small die size consumer semiconductor devices. Compared to cantilever fine pitch products, the Mx-FinePitch is designed for multi-DUT testing in a high-volume production environment, with no probe positioning adjustment needed throughout the product lifetime.
Mx-FinePitch features include:
- Fine pitch scalable down to 40um in-line, 20/40um staggered designs
- Maximum pad layout flexibility, core pad and multi-row corner pads accessible
- Low contact force for low-k compatibility and probing over active circuitry
- Small scrub area offers die size reduction opportunity for pad-limited devices
- Replaceable MEMS probe for easy maintenance
The Vx-MP probe card supports high-density flip chip wafer testing for devices such as cutting-edge microprocessors and SoCs. It’s designed to provide high-signal fidelity and current-carrying capability, while delivering long product life with minimal maintenance.
Vx-MP features include:
- Flip chip pitch scalable to 130um and below
- Ultra stable Cres with a variety of bump materials
- Proprietary CoolProbe™ technology to support extreme current requirements
- Low probe force to reduce bump damage
Its superior signal integrity, delivered in a robust production-worthy architecture, offers a >2x cost-of-test reduction compared to competing advanced probe cards. The high-speed testing capabilities allow semiconductor manufacturers to validate full at-speed device functionality at the wafer level, a key enabler for known-good-die test models such as those required for wafer-level chip-scale packaging.
Vx-RF features include:
- High-speed testing, up to 6GHz @-3dB bandwidth
- Robust product architecture for high particle tolerance and long lifetime
- High test cell uptime and low maintenance